Welcome to the micasainteriors.co.uk website terms and conditions for use.
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website and the sale of our products. By accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not use or access this Website or purchase our products.
To ensure a simple, transparent order, payment and delivery service we’ve provided all the information you need. We advise all our customers to carefully read our Conditions prior to ordering to avoid any inconvenience for you or us.
Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions, please contact our Customer Service team by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on 01923 827070, 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (excluding English bank holidays). All calls to Customer Services will be charged at the local rate (BT users only, other network charges may vary), and both inbound and outbound calls may be recorded for quality monitoring and training purposes.
- Conditions – means these terms and conditions and any relevant Special Conditions.
- Cookies – means small text files which our Website places on your computer’s hard drive to store information about your shopping session and to identify your computer. Please refer to our Privacy and Cookies Notice which can be accessed via our Website for further details.
- Personal Information – means the details provided by you on registration.
- Product – means a product displayed for sale on the Website.
- Product Description – means that part of the Website where certain terms and conditions in respect of the individual Product are provided, if applicable.
- Special Conditions – means the terms and conditions in the Product Description.
- United Kingdom – means England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands.
- Users – means the users of the Website collectively.
- We/us – means Micasa Property Services Limited, registered office 3rd Floor North, The Forum, 74-80 Camden Street, London, NW1 0EG. Registered in England. Company registration number 05000484.
- Website – means the website located at www.micasainteriors.co.uk or any subsequent URL which may replace it.
- You – means a user of this Website.
2. USE OF THE WEBSITE
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
You warrant that:
- The Personal Information which you are required to provide when you request further information from us or complete a transaction as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by updating these details on your online account.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your Personal Information.
2.4 Our rights
We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
2.5 Third party links
To provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not review or endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use to which others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
When you use the Website, you’ll see that we offer you recommendations, showing products we think you might like and could perhaps miss when you’re browsing the site.
2.7 Privacy and Cookies
We will treat all your Personal Data as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable privacy regulations and consumer legislation.
If you’d like to read more on how and where we collect or how we use your personal data, please see our Privacy and Cookies Notice which can be accessed via our Website.
In the Privacy and Cookies Notice, you can also find out how to stop receiving marketing information and learn more about what Cookies we use, their nature, purpose and related usage of your personal data on www.micasainteriors.co.uk.
3.1 Description of products
Each Product purchased is sold subject to its Product Description which sets out additional Specific Conditions related to that Product including, without limitation, terms and conditions concerning estimated delivery dates and times, warranties, after-sales service and guarantees.
The images of the products on the Website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images. Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, because our products are handmade, all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our website have a 2% tolerance.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information including Product Descriptions appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We cannot confirm the price of a Product until your order is accepted in accordance with our order acceptance policy.
3.2 Specification of products
Where you have prepared the specification of the Product, you will be responsible for the specification’s accuracy and completeness, and we will have no liability for any defects in the goods that result from us following the specification.
With exposure to light and air, cherrywood, maple and oak will mature to a deeper colour. This will be most pronounced in cherrywood, which mellows to a deep copper colour. For this reason, objects placed on surfaces could leave ‘shadows’ when removed. Should this happen, exposure to daylight will eventually darken these paler areas.
Leather is a natural product and each hide will have its own individual characteristics and natural marks. Differences in the grain, texture and colour may be apparent from one hide to another and even within the same hide, so we cannot guarantee that the finished product will be identical to any samples. We select only hides of the highest quality but some marking is inevitable and should be accepted as part of the individual appearance of leather furniture.
4. ORDERING, CANCELLING AND RETURNING PRODUCTS
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website. Find out more about our Refund policy which is incorporated into these Conditions.
4.1 Contract creation and electronic contracting
The technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You place the order for your Products on the Website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website.
- We may send you an order acknowledgement email as soon as you place your order, and you will receive an order confirmation email detailing the Products you have ordered. These emails do not constitute acceptance of your order.
- If we are unable to accept your order for whatever reason we will contact you by phone and/or email on the details you provided during the checkout process to arrange a refund.
- For items being delivered to you, when your product is shipped from our warehouse we will send you a despatch confirmation email.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled your order.
- For most products, your credit/debit card will be charged when your order is placed.
4.3 Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The Product you ordered being unavailable from stock or our supplier.
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- The identification of a pricing or product description error.
- Your not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the Conditions.
If we have taken payment prior to non-acceptance of your order then we will refund you, but please note that it can take up to 5 days for the bank to transfer the funds to you.
The contract will be concluded in English.
The details of your specific contract will not be filed by micasainteriors.co.uk. If you do require any information regarding orders you have placed with micasainteriors.co.uk, please email email@example.com or write to us at: 8 – 10 Rowland Place, Green Lane, Northwood, Middlesex, HA6 1AB.
4.4 Refusal of Transaction
We reserve the right to withdraw any products from this Website at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on this Website. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time, at our sole discretion.
We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any product from this Website whether or not that product has been sold, removing or editing any materials or content on the Website, refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
To be eligible to purchase products on this Website and lawfully enter into and form contracts on this Website under English law you must:
- Register by providing your real name, phone number, email address, payment details and other requested information.
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Stipulate a delivery address in the United Kingdom. Please note that PO box numbers, hotels and accommodation addresses are not acceptable.
- Possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us.
By making an offer to buy a Product, you specifically authorise us to transmit information (including any updated information) or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time, including but not limited to, your debit or credit card number or credit reports, to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
5. COLLECTION / DELIVERY
We only offer delivery to locations within mainland Great Britain.
We deliver using our own delivery drivers within a 25 mile radius of 8 – 10 Rowland Place, Green Lane, Northwood, Middlesex, HA6 1AB. If the delivery address is outside of our local delivery area, we will use a third party carrier. Our delivery driver or, as the case may be, third party carrier will contact you directly to arrange a delivery/collection. They will offer you the first available date and time slot for delivery in your area. In most cases they will offer you a date within a week, although deliveries may be less frequent for outlying areas.
We only deliver through a ground floor or basement entrance and go up to a second floor level. We cannot deliver above this level unless there is suitable lift access. If you require a special delivery, any extra charges are to be paid by you, the customer. We sell some large and heavy products that on health and safety grounds require more than a two man delivery – we will call you to advise you of any extra cost involved in delivering before your order is processed.
If we attempt to make a delivery on the delivery date/timeslot that you have accepted and no one is present to receive the goods, necessitating a repeat delivery, you will incur a repeat delivery charge in the same amount as the delivery charge set out on the checkout page when you ordered the product (or for free deliveries, the repeat delivery charge will be £50), which must be paid prior to the redelivery even if the original delivery was free of charge. This repeat delivery charge will also apply if you cancel an agreed delivery date/timeslot less than two working days prior to the agreed date.
If your goods remain at our warehouse for more than four weeks, during which time you fail to accept delivery/redelivery (despite having contacted you to do so), you will incur storage charges of £25 per week. We also reserve the right to cancel your order and retain up to 50% of your order value.
If you wish to cancel this contract once your order has been dispatched please note the following procedure will apply:
- Should you wish to return a furniture item we will arrange to collect this item from you and will apply an appropriate collection charge.
- The collection charge will be the same cost as the original delivery charge levied and, if you are entitled to a refund (please see our Refund policy below) the charge will be deducted from the refund value when processed.
- If the original delivery charge was free, then a charge of £50 for the collection will be charged.
- To arrange a collection please contact the customer service team on 01923 827070.
- We reserve the right to refuse a refund on the item (please see our Refund policy below), and for commercial cancellations a 30% re-stocking charge may be applied.
You are responsible for providing access to the delivery address as necessary for the delivery. You must also ensure that access is suitable for the delivery of your goods, for example doorway too small, insufficient space to manoeuvre the product through the house, road inaccessible to delivery van, parking permits required for successful delivery.
Where there is any doubt we suggest you conduct a site survey prior to placing your order and make us aware of any issues so we can discuss best methods of delivery with you in advance. We will not pay for any additional charges due to access, or damages caused to your goods or property due to access.
We can only deliver through a ground floor or basement level and go up to second floor. If any alternative arrangements need to be made via specialist delivery companies then any additional charges are to be paid by you.
We retain the rights to cancel your order, in the event we are not able to place the order with our supplier. In these cases we will refund your deposit and any other sums you have paid in relation to the order and will not be required to pay any compensation.
5.2 Short Delivery, Defective or Damaged Goods
We strongly advise you to thoroughly check your goods upon receipt. To protect your interests, any claim concerning short delivery and/or damaged and/or defective goods found on delivery, or concerning damaged or defective goods found at a later date, must be notified as soon as possible to our customer services department (Tel. 01923 827070). We do not accept any claims for damage caused by you the customer.
6. REFUND POLICY
If you are buying as a consumer, when you buy online or by phone the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 offer you the following cancellation rights:
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services.
- However, please note that your right to return or cancel products does not apply to Products :
- that are made to measure or are made to your specification
- that have been clearly personalised and which have been opened or unsealed (other than where necessary to inspect)
- which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly
- without original packaging or labels
- where the Products or packaging are in poor condition
- that have been personalised for you, or made to your specific measurements
- that cannot be returned for hygiene reasons, such as:
- pillows or other bedding; and
- This doesn’t affect your statutory rights if goods are faulty or not as described.
- If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- You can cancel by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery).
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your Product, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll refund it.
By original condition we mean:
Unless faulty, this must be within 35 days of purchase
We reserve the right to refuse a refund on the Product or deduct up to 20% of the original selling price from the refund amount if we find that the Product has not been returned to us in fully resalable condition.
7. GENERAL TERMS
7.1 Intellectual property and right to use
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us or our licensors.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may (if necessary to make a Purchase) download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
7.2 Compliance with laws
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
7.3 Limitation of liability
While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your contract cancellation rights.
We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Conditions for:
- any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- any special or indirect losses,
suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the Conditions.
Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees.
If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of the Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
7.7 Entire agreement
These Conditions govern our relationship with you. Any changes to these Conditions must be in writing and signed by both parties. In this way, we can avoid any problems surrounding what we and you are expected to do. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a term of these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your statutory rights are not affected by these Conditions. Nothing in this Clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the Conditions.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
For any queries regarding our service, please contact us via email or phone.
Our company details are:
Micasa Property Services Limited
Registered office: 3rd Floor North, The Forum, 74-80 Camden Street, London, NW1 0EG
Correspondence Address: 8 – 10 Rowland Place, Green Lane, Northwood, Middlesex, HA6 1AB.
Registered in England. Company registration number: 05000484
VAT no: GB830390744
General enquiries: email@example.com